Monthly Report No.98 (May 20, 2019)
Dear AC21 members,
Greetings from the AC21 General Secretariat!
We are happy to share with you some updates and information.
News & Updates
(1) AC21 Newsletter Vol. 26 (issued in April) is now available on our website
This issue of the Newsletter features the reports regarding the AC21 International Graduate School 2019 at Stellenbosch University, and reports/results from SPF 2018/2019.
We would like to thank all to those who contributed in the Newsletter.
Please refer to :
- Greetings from the new Director of AC21 General Secretariat
- AC21 Special Project Fund(SPF)2018: Reports from Awardees
- AC21 Special Project Fund (SPF) : Results of the 2019 Round
- AC21 International Graduate School 2019
- Announcement for the 17th AC21 Steering Committee Meeting
- AC21 General Secretariat Activities (Oct 2018 - Mar 2019)
(2) Updates on AC21 International Graduate School (IGS) 2019 at Stellenbosch University, South Africa
The upcoming AC21 IGS 2019 at Stellenbosch University, South Africa will be held from July 12-21, 2019 with the theme “Invasion Science for society: hands -on experience of environmental, social and economic impacts of alien species”. The finalized participants are scheduled to be announced after the screening process at Stellenbosch University.
Please see the information from the link below:
For further inquiries, please contact Stellenbosch University at < email@example.com >
(3) AC21 General Secretariat attended APAIE 2019
The AC21 General Secretariat attended APAIE at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from March 25-28. We had fruitful meetings with some of our AC21 members and non-member universities. Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to have a meeting with us at APAIE!
(4) AC21 General Secretariat will be attending NAFSA 2019
NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo is just around the corner. From the AC21 General Secretariat, Professor Nami Iwaki, Professor Jiro Takai and Project Coordinator June Iwatsuki will be attending this year. We hope to see you there!
(5) Steering Committee (STC*) Meeting 2019: Washington D.C. (USA)
The AC21 General Secretariat will hold the STC Meeting for 2019 in Washington D.C. (USA) on May 28th, 2019 (during NAFSA 2019).
Date: May 28th(Tue.), 2019
Venue: JSPS Washington Office
(2001 L Street NW, Suite 1050 Washington, DC 20036, USA)
Please see the updated tentative schedule and the participants from the link below:
*This meeting will be available only to STC members in order to streamline relevant activities, minimize costs and facilitate effective discussion at the meeting.
We will be sending out materials prior to the meeting.
Thank you for your continued support to AC21 and its activities.
If you would like to share any news or event information with the other members through this Monthly Report, please send them to AC21 General Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AC21 General Secretariat